About Canyon Ranch Tucson
Canyon Ranch Tucson is a luxury wellness spa for guests 14 years and older located in the Santa Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. With a wide range of food, fitness, and spa service options, this loosely structured spa aims to help guests meet their individual needs while relaxing in the picturesque mountains of The Southwest.
With more focused options available, guests may take part in a wellness package, which includes a more guided stay to help visitors meet their goals, whether they’re to eat right, lose weight, or just make healthier choices. Canyon Ranch Tucson offers stays of any length, though guests who stay longer receive discounted rates.
Canyon Ranch Tucson offers a variety of rooms each with their own accommodations. Deluxe rooms feature a queen or king bed, with a desk and separate vanities. Executive rooms have more space and include a sitting area and extra vanity. Luxury suites have one, two or three bedrooms, and also offer a living room, kitchen, washer/dryer and patio.
Finally, Canyon Ranch Tucson also offers Casa Grande—a fully equipped freestanding home. Casa Grande fits up to six guests and has a living room, full kitchen, dining room, washer/dryer and private patio. The home also includes a computer, printer, and fax machine.
All rooms at Canyon Ranch Tucson include:
- Cloud-soft feather beds
- Your choice of pillows from our Pillow Menu
- Luxury Italian linens
- Terry cloth robes
- DVD, cable TV, stereo/CD player
- Sound machine and iPod® docking stations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- In-room coffee and tea service
- In-room safe
- and more.
The price of a stay is largely dependent on room selection.
The fitness regimen at Canyon Ranch Tucson is loosely structured—allowing guests to participate in any number, or none, of the exercise programs. All fitness activity occurs in the Spa Complex and includes:
- Cardio and Weight rooms
- Swimming (Indoor and Outdoor pools)
- Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpools
- and more.
The Spa Complex also offers locker room amenities such as:
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Sunscreen and aloe
- Hair dryers, curling irons, flat irons
- Combs and hair ties
- Razors and shaving cream
- and more.
The food program at Canyon Ranch Tucson is based on free-range organic ingredients, and also offers vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free dining options. There are four eating common areas at Canyon Ranch Tucson—Canyon Ranch Grill, Double U Café, Demo Kitchen, and Wicker Room. As all meals and snacks are included in the cost of a stay, the menus at Canyon Ranch Tucson replace prices with nutritional information so guests can make informed, healthy choices.
Sample meal options include:
- Truffle Eggs Florentine
- Poblano Chile Relleno
- Multigrain Cereal
- Housemade Granola
- Chicken Sofrito
- French Toast
- Organic Omelets
- Coffee, Tea and Juice
- Salads/Salad Bar
- Vegetarian Burger
- Falafal Wrap
- Shrimp, Salmon, Tuna, White Fish
- Vegetable and Potato Sides
- Tea and Juice
- Artisanal Soups
- Salads/Salad Bar
- Shrimp Cocktail
- Cheese Board
- Buffalo Cauliflower
- Oat Cake
- Scallops, White Fish, Trout, Salmon
- Duck Breast
- Beef or Pork Tenderloin
- Vegetable, Potato and Grain sides
- Juice, Coffee and Tea
Additionally, Canyon Ranch Tucson wants guests to focus on how healthy nutrition makes them feel, and is thus an alcohol free resort; however, guests wishing to drink alcohol may bring their own and enjoy it in the privacy of their room.
Included in a guest’s stay at Canyon Ranch Tucson is a $160 daily spa credit. The 80,000 square foot full-service spa includes a variety of offerings, such as:
- Energy-Based Work
- Ayurvedic Body Treatments
- Body Scrubs and Wraps
- Hair Styling, Treatments and Blowouts
- Tanning Services
- Men’s services
- and more.
Canyon Ranch Tucson offers wellness programs in addition to a guest’s stay for a $500 additional fee. These programs are designed to help visitors streamline their stays to help them get the most out of the spa, fitness and nutritional offerings provided by the resort. These programs include:
- Weight Loss Program
- Life Enrichment Program
- Focused Wellness Program
- Executive Health Program
- Continuing Medical Education
- Continuing Nurses Education
- and more.
Canyon Ranch Tucson is located in the Santa Catalina Mountains in Tucson, Arizona. The resort offers an usher service from the airport to the resort, so many non-local guests fly into the Tucson International Airport (TUS) and use the service to travel the remaining 40 minutes to the resort.
The price for a weeklong stay starts at $8,000 and increases based on dates of a stay and room accommodations. This all-inclusive fee includes gratuities, as Canyon Ranch Tucson is a no-tipping retreat. The all-inclusive cost also includes:
- Airport pick-up/drop-off
- All meals & snacks
- Daily $160 spa credit
- Access to 35+ daily activities
- Resort Amenities Tax
- Unlimited access to spa and fitness facilities
Guests who book more than 60 days in advance are eligible to receive a discount. Most rooms require a non-refundable deposit paid in full at the time of booking, but certain room selections offer the option of partial payment upon booking.
Canyon Ranch Tucson is a loosely structured wellness spa located in the mountains of Tucson, Arizona. With a variety of food, fitness options and spa services, guests can customize their stay at Canyon Ranch Tucson in order to meet their health and wellness goals during their stay. They may also partake in a guided wellness program to ensure focused and intensive attention during their time at the resort.
Canyon Ranch Tucson Pros
- Location – Many guests have complimented the weather and scenery (especially during the winter months), and have said this helped them better relax during their time with Canyon Ranch Tucson.
- Property Space – As the resort is on 140 acres and there is a maximum occupancy of 300 guests, many have said they felt like they received a private experience and never felt crowded by other visitors.
- Spa – Multiple guests that have recently visited Canyon Ranch Tucson have praised the spa—not only for the variety of services, but also for the building itself.
Canyon Ranch Tucson Cons
- Overstretched Staff – Some guests have noted that the staff at Canyon Ranch Tucson were not as helpful or friendly as they would have expected for the cost, and also claimed the resort seems understaffed which could contribute to the less than satisfactory service.
- Older Amenities – Canyon Ranch Tucson is an older spa, and some guests have commented that the facilities could use an upgrade.
- Extra Costs – Other guests have said that while they expected the spa services to be extra, they were hoping for a more all-inclusive stay. With the prices of the rooms, they did not believe they should have to pay for all the extra fitness classes, bike rentals, activities, etc.