About The Pearl Laguna
The Pearl Laguna is a yoga retreat located outside of Laguna Beach, California. It was created by two yogis who wanted to provide guests with a calming escape while experiencing the health benefits of yoga and nature. A typical retreat is for adults only and lasts one week, lasting Sunday afternoon through Saturday morning. Guests wishing to stay longer have the option to partake in multi-week programs.
Visitors to The Pearl Laguna are expected to follow the retreat’s detoxification program and schedule. It is all-inclusive and follows a strict, calorie-limited diet. All food is vegetarian or vegan, and there is no caffeine, alcohol, or processed food allowed. Many guests say that they drop unwanted weight during their stay while strengthening and cleansing their bodies.
The Pearl Laguna is an intimate health resort with only 12 rooms. Guests all eat together in the common area and accompany each other on a daily hike, two daily yoga classes and a fitness class in its open-air gym. Guests can receive a daily massage for five days of their weeklong stay, included in their rate.
The Pearl Laguna is situated in a quiet, wooden area of Laguna canyon only minutes from the Pacific Ocean. According to traveler reviews, each room is different and is chosen by the host.
Guests at the Pearl Laguna take a morning power yoga class, followed by breakfast and then a nature hike among the coastal canyons of California. After the hike, guests participate in a weight training activity, followed by lunch and another activity such as tai chi, breathing exercises, or chakra healing sessions. Finally, guests typically conclude the day with dinner and an evening yoga class or sunset walk.
The Pearl Laguna relies on locally sourced, organic foods that cleanse the body and help it achieve optimal health. All guests eat the same vegetarian meals with calorie intake limited to 1,200 calories daily. Guests typically share meals in the common area with a staff member hosting the meal.
In addition, The Pearl Laguna also offers freshly made juices and herbal teas from its herb garden throughout the day.
The Pearl Laguna is located outside of Laguna Beach, California, adjacent to the Laguna Coast Wilderness Park. The retreat is just off of California State Route 73, and just a few minutes from the Pacific Ocean.
Guests traveling by plane will likely fly into the John Wayne Airport in Orange County (15 minutes away) or the Long Beach Airport (30 minutes away). The Pearl Laguna offers complimentary shuttle service to retreat guests flying into either airport, so no car will be required for your stay.
The all-inclusive program at The Pearl Laguna offers three daily meals, a private room, and daily massages for five days of a week-long stay. Pricing for one week of the all-inclusive retreat is $5,500, with discounts for longer stays.
Guests wanting to give their bodies a break from poor dietary choices and the stresses of daily life have rated The Pearl Laguna highly. The yoga retreat accommodates the type of guest who is committed to a daily diet and schedule — not the type of guest who wants to fly under the radar and do their own thing. It is an intimate setting that accommodates both singles and couples, and is worth considering for visitors wishing to have a detoxifying vegetarian fitness experience.
The Pearl Laguna Pros
- Intimate setting – The Pearl Laguna only accommodates 14 guests during a given week, allowing them to provide their guests with more attention than a larger health retreat might. It is also located in a quiet, wooded area with easy access to the beach, promoting rest and relaxation as well as being able to use its location for rigorous hikes as well.
- Detoxification – The vegetarian and vegan food offered by the Pearl Laguna is designed to detoxify, which is an added bonus for people looking for more than just a healthy retreat.
- Well-balanced schedule – Guests who want to get fit and lose weight without pushing themselves to the limit may appreciate the fact that the Pearl Laguna offers a schedule that allows for plenty of time to relax while also getting more fit.
- Daily massage – A daily massage is included in the price for five of the six nights of a typical week-long retreat.
The Pearl Laguna Cons
- Limited food options – The 1,200 calorie vegetarian-only diet may be limiting to some, however, it is ideal for people wanting to lose weight.
- Higher-end price – At $5,500 per week, the price is on the higher end compared to some other health retreats.