About Vita Vie Retreat
Located in Delray Beach, Vita Vie is a fitness program designed to inspire a continued healthy lifestyle. Participants can book a retreat lasting anywhere from 3 to 6 days. The guests are lodged in a luxury hotel, but the fitness routines occur mostly outside on the nearby beach or in local parks. Various exercise classes are taught team of experienced trainers and instructors.
The retreat is designed to encourage well-being and fitness and is not focused strictly on weight loss. The luxury hotel, spa treatment, and high-end food are meant to give the retreat a vacation atmosphere.
The typical participants are between the ages of 20 and 60, and most of them are women. All participants under the age of 20 must be accompanied by an adult.
There are two packages available: the Vita Boot Camp is exclusively limited to 10 people per week and the Private Fitness Retreat is a one-on-one fitness training package.
Guests are booked in standard rooms at The Seagate Hotel & Spa. (Room upgrades are available directly through the hotel.) The hotel is located on the beach front and Vita Vie guests will have access to the private beach.
- King Size Bed or Double Room
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cable Television, HDTV
- iPod Dock
- Kitchenette with coffee maker and microwave
- Refrigerator available upon request
- Bathrobe and Slippers
- 24 Hour Room Service
- In-Room Safe
Reviewers mentioned the very attentive staff and roomy atmosphere. All of the fitness locations for the retreat workouts are located in or near the hotel.
Vita Vie aims for a variety of workouts and locations to help revitalize your outlook on fitness. Sessions are held in an indoor studio, or outside on the beach, local parks, or patio. The fitness experience differs slightly depending on what retreat package you choose.
The Vita Boot Camp has 5 sessions for each full day, while the Private Fitness Retreat has 4. With both packages, the welcome day and the departure day have fewer sessions.
Participants in the Vita Boot Camp rise at 6:30 am and meet on the nearby beach at 8 am to begin their fitness sessions. For the Boot Camp, there are five sessions for each full day (the welcome day and the departure day have fewer sessions.) The package also includes a 30 minute coaching session either on Skype or over the phone after the retreat.
The Private Fitness Retreat begins at 9 pm and features 4 private fitness sessions for each full day (again, the welcome and departure days have fewer sessions). This package also includes personalized assessments on arrival and departure day, a 50 minute health coaching session, and personalized workouts to take home.
Examples of the Workouts:
- Beachside Warm Up
- Medicine Ball
- Kick, Punch, and Jump
- Ballet Tone
- Light Meditation
- Balance Training
- Beach Boot Camp
The packages each include three meals per day (except on arrival and departure day). Vita Vie has created a custom menu for three of the hotel restaurants, namely the Etc Cafe, The Beachclub, and Atlantic Grille. Guests choose from the custom menu options, which include high protein foods, fruits and vegetables, good fats, and whole grains.
Menu Item Examples:
- Scrambled Egg Whites with Grilled Tomato, Steamed Asparagus and Multi Grain Toast
- Poached Egg over English Muffin with Fresh Fruit
- Ahi Tuna with Broccoli
- Hummus Plate
- Fillet Mignon, Steamed Broccoli and Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
- Grilled Sea Scallops, Wilted Spinach, Roasted Potato
The kitchens are able to accommodate some special requests for those with dietary restrictions.
Both packages include a 50 Minute Spa at The Seagate Spa (guests are responsible for gratuity). The high-end spa is 8,000 square feet and offers a wide variety of massage and luxury treatments. In addition to the spa, all Vita Vie guests have access to Seagate Spa Locker Room and Steamroom.
Access is also available to the hotel’s private beach which is located four minutes from the hotel on Delray Beach. Water sports rentals such as scuba-diving are available, as well as a beachside swimming pool, towel and chair services, and a poolside beverage service. (There is a surcharge for some of the beach services.)
The retreat is located in Delray Beach, Florida, 20 minutes south of West Palm Beach. Guests stay at The Seagate Hotel and Spa, but exercise in a variety of nearby locations including the beach (less than 5 minutes away) and local parks.The nearest airport is West Palm Beach (PBI). Vita Vie does not offer transportation services and they suggest renting a car, using Lyft, Uber, Go Shuttle, or contacting the hotel to arrange transportation from the airport.
Vita Vie allows for guests to book either as a single guest or in pairs. Packages for 4 and 5 night stays are also offered.
Boot Camp Pricing:
- 6 Nights $3490 Single, $2790 each for Double
Private Fitness Retreat Pricing
- 6 Nights $4390 Single, $3690 each for Double
- 3 Nights $2590 Single, $2190 each for Double
It is possible to share the private fitness sessions with a friend or a small group. Contact Vita Vie for pricing.
Vita Vie combines luxury and fitness. Depending on the package, guests either participate in a small group or receive one-on-one fitness training. It features several workouts on the beach and healthy meal options from the hotel restaurants.
Vita Vie Retreat Pros
- Luxury accommodations – The Seagate Hotel & Spa contributes to the vacation experience with luxury amenities
- Flexibility – Guests have the option to book a variety of dates and durations for the retreat.
- Smaller groups – Either one-on-one, or as a group of 10, the smaller groups provide guests with more direct attention from the trainers.
Vita Vie Retreat Cons
- Not designed for significant weight loss – Although the program welcomes all fitness levels, it is geared towards those who are already marginally fit and simply seeking to refresh their fitness lifestyle. They do not accept any guests with major medical issues.
- Shared Location – The hotel hosts many guests, so the accommodations, restaurants, beach club, and spa are not limited to Vita Vie participants.