About Structure House
Structure House is an all-inclusive, package-based health resort intended for individuals who are specifically looking to lose weight. Founded in 1977, the program has helped over 40,000 participants achieve their wellness goals and healthy habits for the future. Behavioral, physical, and nutritional principals for achieving success include:
- Behavioral therapy
- Nutritional guidance
- Fitness coaching
- Medical support
- Evidence-based treatment
The campus has a fitness center, Pilates studio, full-service spa, kitchen classrooms, heated indoor/outdoor saltwater pools, and miles of wooded walking trails. Unique offerings include behavioral therapy and personalized coaching. Packages can be purchased for weekly, monthly, or longer stays. They can also be upgraded for guests who require diabetes support, family support, and binge eating support.
Located in Durham, North Carolina, Structure House is less than a half hour from the nearest international airport.
Structure House offers independent-living, luxury accommodations. Apartments include:
- Large living area
- Laundry amenities with both washer and dryer
- Queen and king-sized beds
- Wireless internet
- Cleaning services
Guests can choose from one-bedroom or two-bedroom apartments. Spouses, family members, friends, and pets are invited to join guests on property.
There is a strong focus on fitness at Structure House. Guests will find a fully-equipped weight room, cardio machine suite, and exercise studios on campus. Group classes include:
- Water Fitness
- Cardio fusion
- Seated Dynaband
- Circuit strength training
- Chair karate
- Yoga and Pilates
- TRX Circuit
- Guided Trail Walks
The campus also has heated indoor and outdoor saltwater pools.
All packages at this FitStay include personalized coaching. Customized instruction helps guests design an activity plan that meets their weight loss and fitness goals.
Packages at Structure House include all meals. Dining experiences are customized to each guest based on personal preferences. For instance, guests can request gluten-free, vegetarian, or sugar-free menu options in advance so their meals are both satisfying and meet their dietary requirements.
This FitStay follows the American Heart Association’s guidelines for eating. As such, three daily meals are served in the main dining room, where guests can enjoy their food along with the company of others.
Sample menu items include:
- Whole grain pancakes with fresh fruit
- Poached egg with cranberry walnut muffin
- Baked oatmeal with strawberries
- Grilled shrimp with Asian BBQ sauce
- Pesto turkey salad with sweet potato and braised winter vegetables
- Spinach and onion quiche with green bean amandine
- Grass fed beef tenderloin and shrimp with mashed potatoes and fresh steamed spinach
- Citrus tilapia with wild rice blend and roasted broccoli
- Eggplant parmesan with whole wheat pasta and tomato sauce
At times, guests join the kitchen staff for educational opportunities and cooking demonstrations, where they learn to prepare healthy meals and select correct portion sizes.
A robust fruit and vegetable garden is cultivated on the property.
In addition to the programs offered at Structure House, guests can also enjoy off-campus learning experiences and leisure activities. Trips into the Raleigh-Durham community regularly include:
- Grocery store visits to practice smart shopping
- Restaurant reservations to practice dining out
- Movie nights at local theaters
- Shows at the Durham Performing Arts Center
- Shopping excursions to South Point Mall
A unique feature at Structure House is the resort’s strong emphasis on behavior change. A trained and experienced behavioral health staff provides a number of classes that are continually updated to incorporate the latest research in behavioral therapy. Licensed clinical professionals work individually with participants to:
- Provide a comprehensive behavioral assessment
- Develop weight loss goals
- Explore food relationships, including overeating, binge eating, and emotional eating
- Utilize Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT) to relearn hunger cues
Structure House is located in Durham, NC. The area is best known as part of the North Carolina Research Triangle. This tri-city region lures visitors and residents with strong job growth and high quality of life. It is home to Duke University, as well as nearly 100 city-owned parks, golf courses, and other outdoor recreational areas.
Raleigh-Durham International Airport is less than a 30-minute drive from this FitStay. It is easily accessible through ride-sharing apps, and there are many rental car agencies at the airport.
This FitStay is an all-inclusive, program-based resort. Popular packages are:
- Core Wellness – This 4-week residential experience focuses on nutrition, exercise, and psychology to achieve weight loss and wellness. Prices range from $12, 025 to $12,680 per person for the complete 4-week package. Programs can also be customized for a shorter or longer duration and prices are adjusted accordingly.
- Graduate Wellness – This customizable package is designed for returning guests. The core price is $2,195 per week.
- Weekend Wellness – This 3-day package offers an immersive experience. Currently, it is only available in June or September. Call for rates and details about the program.
Guests who stay longer than three consecutive months qualify for a discounted program known as Tranquil Extension. Add-on programs are available to any package, designed specifically to address challenges like diabetes management, binge eating, emotional overeating, and family support. Extra fees are incurred for these add-ons, as well as use of the full-service spa and massage sessions.
Structure House is an all-inclusive, package-based health resort primarily focused on weight loss, mindful eating, behavior change, and long-term wellness results. Guests of this FitStay can expect to transform their bodies and their perceptions of food. It is a good choice for people seeking a long-term program with personalized services, nutritionally based menus, many fitness options, and follow up resources.
Structure House Pros
- Strong focus on weight loss – This resort is intended and designed specifically for people who need to lose weight.
- Controlled menus – Chefs prepare healthy meals designed for wellness, and guests eat together in the main dining room.
- Luxury accommodations – Apartment living provides privacy and independence, as well as the ability to include family, friends, and pets.
Structure House Cons
- Expensive commitment – Most guests commit to 4+ consecutive weeks at this FitStay in order to achieve maximum weight loss results. To maximize their investment, buyers should be fully prepared to make momentous changes in their life following the program.