About Âme Spa & Wellness Collective
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective is an upscale spa at the Turnberry Isle Resort in Miami. It is a three-story, full service spa offering 65 unique treatments that include, massage, exfoliation, aroma and color therapy, fitness classes, nutritional consultation, a full-service salon, a functional medicine practice and a cosmetic medical practice.
As of May 2018, the Turnberry Isle Miami was undergoing heavy renovations while being converted to a JW Marriott hotel, and the pool was closed. Although the resort is open to the general public, the spa is only available to adults ages 18 and older.
Guests of the spa have the option to stay at the Turnberry Isle Miami. Amenities include the following:
- Marble bathroom with soaking tub and
- walk-in rainfall shower
- 47″ LED flat-screen TV
- Keurig coffee maker
- iHome radio/docking station
- Plush bath robes and bath slippers
- Molton Brown skin and hair care products
- Mini-bar stocked with refreshments
- In-room Safe
- Daily housekeeping service
- Nightly turndown service upon request
- Pet-friendly services & amenities
- Wi-Fi access
There is a $27 resort fee per night that includes:
- Use of resort bikes
- Round trip transportation to Aventura Mall and Beach
- Access to Laguna and Cascata Pools when open
- Access to driving range with unlimited use of range balls
- Local and 800 calls
- Evening housekeeping services
- Shoe shine
- Daily newspaper
- Access to the on-site fitness center
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective offers its guests two dining choices: an al fresco dining option called Corsair Kitchen & Bar, as well as a steakhouse by the name of Bourbon Steak.
There is also a Starbucks® on-site. The Turnberry is not an all-inclusive resort, so dining is not included in the room price.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective has a state-of-the-art, 3,600 sq. ft. fitness center. All equipment has Wi-Fi. The fitness center also offers personal training sessions and weekly fitness classes that include H.I.I.T, Indoor Cycling, Total Body Workout, Zumba, Yoga, Circuit Training, Strength Upper & Lower Body, Pilates (requires Club membership) and Water Aerobics.
Golfing is another activity offered at the Turnberry Isle Miami for an additional fee as follows:
- Open – 11:50 a.m. — $240 includes forecaddie
- Noon – 2:50 p.m. — $180
- 3 p.m. / 9 Holes — $120
The golf fee includes a golf cart with GPS, range balls prior to play and the green fee.
Tennis is another fitness option for an additional fee of $20/person, per hour and a $10 racquet rental fee.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective offers an extensive variety spa services — 65 to be exact. Services are divided into three categories: beauty, body therapy and health. The spa encourages guests to arrive an hour before their appointments to go through its signature Wellness Circuit, which helps guests get the maximum benefits from their spa treatments. The Wellness Circuit includes three stops:
- Aroma, Chroma & Music Therapy Steam Room – The Âme Spa & Wellness Collective website describes this as a holistic practice of caring for the body through the use of natural scents and essential oils, with the power to awaken and stimulate or relax and promote sleep.
- Himalayan Salt Suite – The spa’s Himalayan salt walls are custom designed, natural and safe. Many people who visit salt rooms on a regular basis claim to find relief from a variety of respiratory and skin conditions, as well as aiding in recovering from surgery.
- Signature Swiss Shower – According to the spa’s website, this is a 5-minute full-body experience rooted in hundreds of years of European hydrotherapy. Multiple body zones, deliver different temperature water and pressures to the body at the same time. Using this contrasting therapy and hydro-massage, an attendant sets your chosen hydrotherapy session from options that include relaxation, muscle relief, body toning and invigoration.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective program is located at Turnberry Isle Miami, just about a 5-minute drive from the Atlantic Ocean:
19999 West Country Club Drive
Aventura, FL 33180
For guests choosing to stay at the Turnberry Isle Miami, standard room rates start at $265 per night for a King room with balcony, not including spa services and meals.
Spa services vary in pricing, and there are too many to mention here. For an idea of what guests can expect to pay, here is a sample of current prices as of May 2018:
- Signature facial: $149
- Manicure: $29+
- Swedish Massage: $139 for 50 minutes
- Cyrotherapy: $89 for 3 minutes
- Lymphatic Drainage: $150 for 60 minutes
The spa requires a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if guests want to cancel a service. All packages not cancelled within 24 hours will be charged 100 percent of the booked service. Guests who cancel their room reservations also need to cancel their spa services, or they will be considered a no-show. For group cancellations, a 7-day notice is required or scheduled services will be charged in full.
An automatic 20% service charge is added to all spa treatments.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective focuses on offering its guests a wide variety of spa services — more than most spas offer, in fact. Although it is not a structured fitness getaway, it does offer enough a la carte services for guests to customize their stay. Ideally, staying at the Turnberry Isle Miami and utilizing the services of the Âme Spa & Wellness Collective is probably best suited for guests looking for a relaxing getaway more than those interested in losing weight. Food options are no different than what you’d find at any other upscale hotel open to the public, and the menu choices are intended to suit a wide range of tastes, not help people lose weight.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective Pros
- Scenic Location Near the Atlantic Ocean – Âme Spa & Wellness Collective in the Miami region is one of the most beautiful areas of the country.
- Modern, Luxurious Features – According to online reviews, the spa does a good job of catering to its guests and offers cutting-edge amenities that include a pink Himalayan salt room.
- Plenty of Options to Choose From – The spa offers 65 different services.
Âme Spa & Wellness Collective Cons
- It Can Be Expensive – A la carte spa services can add up in price, especially considering neither they nor food is included in the room rate.
- It Takes a Bit of Research to Customize Your Stay – Choosing from 65 spa services can be overwhelming for people who don’t quite know what they want or need.
- Resident Resort is Under Construction – The spa operates at The Turnberry Isle Miami, which is being converted to a JW Marriott through fall of 2018. Much of the resort is inaccessible, and construction noise can affect the quality of a guest’s rest and relaxation.