About Cal-a-Vie Health Spa
Cal-a-Vie Health Spa is an all-inclusive, luxury wellness spa resort located in Vista, California. This resort offers guests the opportunity to participate in a wide range of fitness classes, learn from cooking classes and demonstrations, partake in healthy, whole-food meals, and enjoy the many amenities and services the spa has to offer.
Guests may choose to stay for 3, 4, or 7 nights and choose from one of several package options which includes a number of spa services, luxury accommodations, healthy meals, access to fitness and nutrition classes, optional rounds of golf and transportation to and from the airport.
Guests have the choice to stay in one of 32 Mediterranean-style villas or suites. All accommodations include the following features:
- Private sundeck or balcony
- Heating and air-conditioning
- Spacious bathrooms
- Vanity mirrors
- Hair dryers
- Towel warmers
- Bath products
- King-sized bed with memory foam mattress
- Down-pillows and comforters
- Writing desk and chaise lounge
- In-room safe
- Rain gear
- Tote back and water bottle with access to purified water dispensers
- Daily maid service
- Daily laundry service with shoe cleaning
- Turn-down services
- Wireless internet access
- Room service
Cal-a-Vie offers guests a variety of different fitness activities which they incorporate into their daily schedule. They provide a sample daily schedule on their website to give prospective visitors a feel for what types of fitness activities to expect, including:
- A sunrise power walk or hike
- Cardio Training
- Resistance Training
- Weight Training
- …and many more.
Moreover, depending on the package type, guests may receive a fitness evaluation and wellness profile to structure a fitness program around their individual needs and goals.
Cal-a-Vie emphasizes serving whole, real food to guests throughout their stay. The onsite executive chef works in conjunction with the onsite registered dietitian and food and beverage manager to prepare meals with fresh ingredients, many of which come directly from the garden at the resort.
In addition to the nutritional cuisine, Cal-a-Vie offers guests the opportunity to learn from nutritional classes, lectures, and demonstrations, led by its executive chef and nutritionist.
Cal-a-Vie offers a variety of extras at their retreat to cater to different activity preferences. In addition to the fitness and nutrition activities, guests may enjoy several rounds of golf (depending on package), skin and body treatments, meditation, several different styles of yoga, tai chi, guided visualization, and much more.
Cal-a-Vie also offers the option for companies to organize corporate retreats, groups to book group stays, and couples to book their estate for weddings.
Cal-a-Vie Health Spa is located within a gated estate in Vista, California. The resort is easily accessible by car from most locations in Southern California; it lies about an hour North of San Diego and 30 minutes East of the Pacific Ocean.
There are clear driving directions on their website for guests arriving from Los Angeles, San Diego, Carlsbad/Oceanside, Escondido, and Rancho Santa Fe.
Cal-a-Vie offers 3-, 4-, or 7-night stays with different package options for each length of stay. The packages they offer are:
- “La Petite” (3- and 4-night stays only) – Three meals per day, single accommodations, king-sized bed, spa services, unlimited fitness classes, nutritional lecture, cooking demonstration, and round-trip transportation between the resort and San Diego International Airport.
- “California” (All stay lengths) – Three meals per day, single accommodations, king-sized bed, spa services, unlimited fitness classes, nutritional lecture, cooking class, fitness evaluation and wellness profile, semi-private Pilates Apparatus session and round-trip transportation between San Diego International Airport and the health retreat.
- “Golf Getaway” (All stay lengths) – Several rounds of golf, golf cart usage, club usage, three meals per day, single accommodations with king-sized bed, Cal-a-Vie massages, nutritional lecture, cooking demonstration, and round-trip transportation from San Diego International Airport and Cal-a-Vie.
- “European” (7-night only) – Three meals per day, single accommodations, king-sized bed, 16 spa services, unlimited fitness classes, nutritional lecture, cooking demonstration, fitness evaluation with wellness profile, a semi-private Pilates Apparatus session, and round-trip transportation between the San Diego International Airport and Cal-a-Vie.
The pricing structure for these packages for each length of stay is as follows:
- 3-night | “La Petite”: $4,800
- 3-night | “California”: $4,400
- 3-night | “Golf Getaway”: $4,400
- 4-night | “La Petite”: $6,400
- 4-night | “California”: $5,900
- 4-night | “Golf Getaway”: $5,900
- 7-night | “European”: $9,700
- 7-night | “California”: $9,200
- 7-night | “Golf Getaway”: $9,200
Those looking for the ultimate luxury health spa getaway with a variety of different fitness, nutrition, and spa options may want to consider a 3-, 4-, or 7-night stay at Cal-a-Vie Health Spa. Its abundance of staff and luxury amenities, as well as its location in Southern California, makes this a truly high-end destination for those who want to relax while also remaining conscious of their health.
- Luxury Accommodations – This FitStay offers high-end accommodations for each of its guests to ensure the most comfortable stay.
- Daily Schedule Flexibility – Guests can schedule their own days and select only the fitness activities, nutritional classes, and other sessions that they enjoy.
- Transportation Included – Round-trip transportation included in each of the packages is a nice touch often not seen in other FitStays.
- Expensive – This high-end, luxury FitStay has a price-tag to match.
- Only Shorter Stay Options Available – Those looking to stay at a health resort for less than a week may want to consider another FitStay.