About Camp Pocono Trails
Camp Pocono Trails (CPT) is a New Image Camp located in Pennsylvania. This camp is built for kids and teens, ages 7-17, to achieve weight-loss results from fitness activities and nutrition programs. This weight loss camp is known for results, but also for the fun experience.
Campers stay in cabins at Camp Pocono Trails. The cabins are separated by age, gender and length of stay. Each cabin has 6-8 campers with a camp counselor. All beds in the cabins are single beds that are not bunked. These cabins are cleaned regularly by housekeeping.
Showers and bathrooms are located inside the cabins so campers do not have to leave their cabins to use these facilities.
Fitness is an integral part at CPT but so is fun; therefore, the fitness activities are geared to be adventures mixed with fitness. Kids get to pick 5 activities per day to partake in. In addition to these 5 activities, there are free times during the day in which kids get to use all the facilities.
There are 42 fitness activities that campers can choose from that relate to 5 categories: water sports, athletics, calisthenics and fitness, and adventure trails and special outings. All activities are grouped by age, and most are grouped by gender. During the day almost all activities are grouped by gender; however, at night the activities are co-ed.
Camp Pocono Trails has an onsite registered dietitian and fitness trainer. The nutrition provided at CPT is based on 2 sources: My Plate Guidelines from the USDA and Exchange List for Weight Management form the National Institutes for Health.
The goal at CPT is to teach kids how to eat right foods so they are empowered to do it on their own. The foods eaten are whole, natural foods – eliminating as many processed foods as possible. Just like the dorms, the calories per meals are separated by gender and age. The typical calories consumed daily range from 1,600-1,700. Campers are designed to lose 3-5 pounds per week depending on how much extra weight the camper has to lose.
Each day campers will receive 3 meals and 2 small snacks. These meals are built to be high in vitamins and nutrition. In addition to the regular menus, kids are able to follow kosher or vegetarian menus if they would like.
Camp Pocono Trials has a separate swimming pool for boys and girls. These pools are heated, overlook the lake, and are separated by gender.
Safety is a priority at CPT. Onsite there is 24-hour security and medical staff. The staff to camper ratio is 1:4 in order to keep kids safe while providing needed attention. In addition to safety being a priority at CPT, the camp is also accredited as an American Camp Association. This accreditation shows CPT’s dedication to provide a safe and nurturing camp environment.
In addition to the kids camp, there are family, moms and young adult options at CPT. The family option allows families to do the same activities as the kids camp, but together. The moms camp is for mothers who are looking to get in shape. Similar to the kids camp the young adults camp is for those 18-25 who are looking to lose weight and get healthier.
Camp Pocono Trails is located in Reeders, Pennsylvania – just 90 minutes outside Philadelphia and New York City. This FitStay has over 350 acres and a private lake on the property and is nestled in the mountains.
Pricing at the CPT FitStay varies based on how many weeks the camper will stay. The duration of the stay is determined by the time of the year. The rates range from $2,990 to $10,190 for the 2018 schedule. The full 2018 schedule and rates are as follows:
- Pre-camp – 11 days; 6/13-6/23; $2,990
- Session 1 – 7 weeks, 4 days; 6/24-8/15; $10,190
- Session 2 – 6 weeks; 6/24-8/4; $8,790
- Session 3 – 5 weeks; 6/24-7/28; $7,690
- Session 4 – 4 weeks; 6/24-7/21; $6,590
- Session 5 – 3 weeks; 6/24-7/14; $5,490
- Session 6 – 2 weeks; 6/24-7/7; $3,950
- Session 7 – 5 weeks, 5 days; 7/7-8/15; $8,290
- Session 8 – 4 weeks, 4 days; 7/15-8/15; $6,790
- Session 9 – 3 weeks, 3 days; 7/23-8/15; $4,790
- Session 10 – 2 weeks, 4 days; 7/29-8/15; $3,790
Camp Pocono Trails offers free airfare to limited guest. The free airfare is for those traveling from West of the Mississippi River and staying longer than 4 weeks.
Camp Pocono Trails is a 2-7 week FitStay geared towards kids and teens. This FitStay uses physical activities and nutrition management to help kids lose weight. This camp has over 40 different activities and provides 5 scheduled times for activities during the day, as well as campers can use all the facilities in their free time.
Located in Reeders, Pennsylvania, this FitStay is 90 minutes from Philidelphia and New York City. The camp owns 350 acres and a lake to help supply all the activities available.
Camp Pocono Trails Pros
- Limited free airfare – If you live West of the Mississippi River, Camp Pocono Trails will pay for your airfare. This only applies to stays of 4 weeks or longer.
- Swimming pools separated by gender – The FitStay has two swimming pools and one is only for girls and one only for boys. Separating these two pools will help campers feel less insecure by swimming with the same gender.
- Post–camp nutrition assistance – After campers leave the FitStay, they are provided with material and assistance to help the campers on the healthy path that begun at the camp.
Camp Pocono Trails Cons
- No buffets – Unlike many FitStays, there are no buffets at CPT. This can be difficult for campers who are picky.
- Camp owner – Despite high reviews of the camp counselors and staff, it is a trend in the reviews to see negative remarks about the camp owner.
Sidebar info: Camp Pocono Trails ranges from $2,290 to $10,190, depending on the length of the stay.