About Deer Lake Lodge
Deer Lake Lodge is a year-round all-inclusive diet retreat located in Southeast Texas, about 45 miles northwest of Houston. The resort focuses on holistic bodily cleansing, offering guests the chance to fast, juice, meditate and physically detoxify their bodies.
Deer Lake Lodge offers single-day packages as well as a four-tiered overnight stay program. Each program is centered on raw food consumption and colonics treatments by a certified physician, to ensure the detoxification of guests’ bodies before they leave the resort.
Guests at Deer Lake Lodge can choose to stay in a resort suite or choose an upgraded cabin for an additional fee. Suites include two full-size beds and have a pool view. The cabin rooms include two queen beds or a king bed in a private cabin with a screened-in porch.
All rooms include:
- Organic toiletries, towels, bedding
- Free high-speed WiFi
- Satellite TV
- Access to the pool, hot tub, lounge
Guests staying at the Lodge also have full access to yoga, the daily cleansing program, and all fitness equipment.
Deer Lake centers itself on being a “self-directed detox program,” meaning guests are able to direct the course of their detox and treatments to get the most out of their stay. The resort recommends that guests pre-fast for 2 to 3 days prior to arriving to the resort by eating lightly (fruits, vegetables, tea) in order to prepare for their stay.
The food available at Deer Lake focuses on raw, vegan liquids in the form of juice cleanses. A typical diet plan at the resort includes things like:
- Raw vegetable juice
- Pureed vegetable soup
- Aloe vera juice
- Fiber regulators
- Power greens
- Detox drinks
Deer Lake Lodge offers all retreat guests some complimentary classes during their stay. These classes include:
- Life Enhancement through Healthy Living
- Raw Food Classes
Classes available at an additional cost include:
- Grocery Store Tours
- Sound Therapy
The classes at Deer Lake Lodge are designed to supplement guests’ fasting, and give them the tools they need to sustain a healthy lifestyle upon returning home. Some weeks, extra classes are added based on availability of the resort and its staff.
Deer Lake offers several spa services to guests, the primary service being colonic therapy. The resort believes in rejuvenating guests and eliminating toxins. The combination of fasting, cleansing and cleaning is what allows guests to reset and get rid of their bad health habits and waste. A weeklong stay at Deer Lake includes four colon treatments.
Additional spa treatments that are available for an extra cost include:
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Deluxe packages
- Extra colonics treatments
Deer Lake Lodge is located outside of Montgomery, Texas, about 45 miles from the Houston Airport (George Bush Intercontinental Airport). Guests staying at Deer Lake can fly into the airport and take a rental car to the retreat.
Local guests may drive and park at the resort.
Deer Lake Lodge has a variety of retreat packages available, beginning at a small 4-day/3-night package to a full stay 8-day/7-night package. The price for the retreat varies, depending on room accommodations and length of stay. The average price for an 8-day/7-night retreat begins at $2,300 and increases with upgraded accommodations.
Deer Lake Lodge is Texas diet retreat focused on body cleansing and detoxification. Guests visiting Deer Lake are treated with colonics and given a raw food diet in order to promote weight loss and mental and physical rejuvenation. With spa treatments and yoga classes readily available, guests are encouraged to recharge their minds and bodies before returning home.
Deer Lake Lodge Pros
- Results – Though guests have admitted that fasting is difficult, most have complimented the results, including weight loss and an increase in energy after their stay at the resort.
- Spa services – Most guests enjoy the spa services included in their stay package, as well as the spa extras. Many have mentioned the beneficial effects from facials or massages in helping them feel relaxed and detoxed.
- Accommodating staff – Many guests have commented on the accommodating, motivating staff at Deer Lake.
Deer Lake Lodge Cons
- Outdoor setting – Because Deer Lake Lodge is located in the woods of Texas, some guests have commented on the lack of bug/insect control stopping them from enjoying the outdoor pool and Jacuzzi hot tub.
- Lack of activity – As Deer Lake is focused on the diets of guests, many that have stayed for a full week have said that there isn’t much to do between juice breaks and the complimentary classes after the first few days.