About Destination Jumpstart
Destination Jumpstart is an affordable, cardio-focused weight-loss resort on the Pacific coast in Moclips, Washington. The fitness program at Destination Jumpstart offers 3-night and 6-night options, with all packages focused on healthy eating and outdoor exercise.
Guests of Destination Jumpstart will stay in a private or shared room with a shared bath. The 3- and 6-night program is not offered continuously, but is scheduled on-and-off throughout the year. Be sure to review the schedule before booking.
The fitness program at Destination Jumpstart focuses on cardio weight-loss activity, and a typical schedule will include the following classes:
- Cardio interval training
- Beach running
- Hill running
- Circuit training
Additionally, Destination Jumpstart offers education and planning throughout the program to help guests enter a healthy mindset and prepare for wellness after the program.
The nutrition aspect of Destination Jumpstart focuses on full, healthy food— not depriving guests of nutrients. Participants will receive three healthy meals each day, along with healthy snacks as needed.
Destination Jumpstart is located in a house on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Moclips, Washington, near Highway 109. The DJ Moclips house is located near the Olympic National Park and Olympic National Forest in northwest Washington.
Guests of the Destination Jumpstart program will likely fly into the Seattle–Tacoma International Airport (2.5 hours away) or the Portland International Airport (3 hours away).
Destination Jumpstart is affordably priced for both the 3-night and 6-night stays. Typical pricing is as follows:
- Half-week (3-night) program: $599
- Week-long (6-night) program, shared room: $1,298
- Week-long (6-night) program, private room: $1,498
Destination Jumpstart Pros
- Personal attention – Past guests have complimented the personal attention at Destination Jumpstart from trainer/founder Teresa Woods.
- Beach location – Destination Jumpstart is located on a bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Guests looking for a beachfront FitStay may wish to check out this program.
- Affordable – At as low as $1,300 per week, Destination Jumpstart is one of the most affordable FitStays in this category.
Destination Jumpstart Cons
- Cardio-focused -.While other fitness resorts tend to have a wider variety of exercise classes, Destination Jumpstart focuses mainly on cardio activities such as running and hiking.
- Small retreat – Most of your time at Destination Jumpstart will be spent with the same small group; guests not comfortable with this level of closeness may wish to review the larger FitStays in the directory.