About Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat
Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat is a weight-loss and detoxification diet retreat located on the northern tip of Martha’s Vineyard Island in Massachusetts. The programs at this retreat are focused primarily on achieving better health through a specific liquid-based nutritional regimen and a variety of natural health support treatments.
Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat offers four different programs ranging from remote, at-home guidance to on-site stays. The Private Door Detox is a 21-day, at-home program designed to allow people to benefit from a detoxification plan and consult with the Founder of Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat, Dr. Roni.
The other three programs feature some level of on-site involvement and/or accommodations. The Walk-In Detox program requires guests to find their own accommodations nearby but provides all detoxification treatments (pick up on-site) and coaching, daily yoga and stretching classes, and consultations. The Wellness Detox Program (from one to three weeks) includes on-site accommodations, detoxification treatments, and coaching, and is geared toward those primarily looking to lose weight. The Critical Care Retreat (three weeks) includes the same components as the Wellness Detox Retreat but is focused more toward aiding guests with more serious chronic illnesses through detoxification and natural medicine.
Two of the programs offered by Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat—the Wellness Detox and Critical Care Retreats—include on-site accommodations. These packages include a private room with king-size bed, private bath, and other basic amenities.
The Private Door and Walk-in Detox packages are designed to allow people to perform the detoxification regimen in their own home or nearby space.
Because the goal of Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat is to achieve better health through detoxification and natural medicine, there is less of an emphasis on fitness programs. The only fitness component of the retreat packages is a daily yoga or stretch class, but walks around the retreat campus are also encouraged.
Nutrition is the primary focus of Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat, as the main goal of their programs is to help guests achieve better health through dietary detoxification. The detoxification program consists of consuming juices, soups, smoothies, and broths made by a Detox Coach assigned to guests. The daily nutritional program includes:
- 5 Detox Cocktails or Drinks Daily
- Smoothie with 43 essential nutrients
- 1 Vegetable Soup Daily
- 1 Vegetable Broth Daily
- 3 Different Supplements
- 1 Gallon of Distilled Water with Custom Minerals
- 1 Detox Tea Bag with Stevia
Guests looking for a liquid-based diet retreat may consider Martha’s Vineyard, but those wanting a fuller nutritional plate may wish to look elsewhere.
During their stay, guests can expect a variety of health support treatments (3 per week) to complement their detoxification regimen. These treatments include:
- Colonic Hydrotherapy
- Coffee or Cleansing Enema
- Ionic Foot Detox
- Cellulite Treatment
- High Heat Detox
- Smoothing Body Wrap
- Infrared Heat Pain Therapy
In addition to the health support treatments, guests partake in a variety of other activities and classes including:
- Spa Body Treatments (4 per week)
- Detox Coach Support by phone/email
- Consultation with Dr. Roni (1 per week)
- Juice Class (1 per week)
- Soup Class (1 per week)
- After care maintenance manual
- Movie/Film Night
Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat is located on the northern tip of Martha’s Vineyard Island in Massachusetts, roughly 90 minutes south of Boston. Visitors arriving from Logan International Airport can make their way to the retreat via rental car (~2 hours) and ferry to Martha’s Vineyard across the Vineyard Sound.
There are four different programs offered by Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat ranging from 7 to 21 days in length: one completely at-home program (Private Door Detox), one with on-site detox pickup and classes (Walk-In Detox), and two with accommodations and full-time involvement (Wellness and Critical Care Detox). The pricing structure for these programs is as follows:
- Private Door Detox: $2,900/21-days
- Walk-In Detox: $425/day; $2,750/7-days, $8,300/21-days
- Wellness Detox: $695/day; $4,865/7-days; $9,730/14-days, $14,595/21-days
- Critical Care Detox: $795-$995/day for 21-days (price varies depending on health care needs)
Guests looking for an at-home program or on-site retreat for achieving weight-loss and health improvement through detoxification may want to consider Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat. They offer a comprehensive detoxification program with several natural health support treatments. However, those looking for a more fitness-based retreat, or for one that focuses on consuming whole-foods rather than soups, smoothies, and juices, may want to consider another FitStay.
Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat Pros
- Range of diet program options – The program options for this FitStay range from at-home remedies to on-site retreats, providing flexible opportunities for guests with different schedules and preferences.
- Location – Located on Martha’s Vineyard, a popular tourist destination due to its pleasant summer weather and many beautiful beaches.
Martha’s Vineyard Holistic Retreat Cons
- Expensive – At $4,865/week for the cheapest all-inclusive program option, this is one of the pricier FitStays in the Diet Retreat category.
- Lack of fitness classes – The only fitness classes offered are daily stretching and yoga classes. Those looking for a more fitness-focused may want to consider another FitStay.