About The Lodge at Woodloch
The Lodge at Woodloch is an all-inclusive luxury wellness spa located in the Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, accommodating adults who want a luxurious, relaxing vacation. The goal of the lodge is to allow guests to refocus on themselves as opposed to the stresses of everyday life. It offers guests a chance to explore new hobbies while offering fitness classes, outdoor activities, creative workshops, cooking demonstrations, and wine tastings.
The Lodge is open year-round, and focuses more on overall wellness of the mind and body as opposed to weight loss and physical fitness. It has an on-site gourmet restaurant called Tree, as well as a luxury spa offering a wide variety of services.
All packages include three meals per day, workshops, creative arts, fitness classes, cooking demonstrations, group excursions, pools, steam rooms, whirlpools, and fitness center access. Each guest has access to a personal spa concierge to help design their programs.
Accommodations & Food
Each of the 58 rooms and suites at The Lodge at Woodloch offer verandas with either a lake view or rock-garden waterfall view. Amenities include TVs, Wi-Fi, refrigerators, terry-cloth robes and slippers, complimentary morning paper, and self-service laundry.
Property amenities include a 3,000-square-foot fitness center, saunas, steam rooms, pools with hydro massage waterfalls, and whirlpools both inside and outside.
The Lodge at Woodloch offers luxury dining options at its restaurant, Tree. While the restaurant menu includes some healthier options, there are no calorie limitations on the meals. Additionally, there are occasional wine and chocolate tastings for an additional fee. While this adds to the luxury vacation aspect of The Lodge, it does not help promote weight loss in any way.
Although there is a state-of-the-art fitness center on-site, The Lodge at Woodloch focuses more on wellness than fitness. Instead of offering structured schedules, the resort offers guests advice on making the most of their stay, depending on their unique needs. Specifically, there are four wellness programs that The Lodge at Woodloch offers and are included in the rates.
- The Rest + Well Blueprint includes tips and resources to help guests relax according to their own terms. This includes making use of the blackout drapes, memory foam beds, temperature controlled rooms, and five pillow choices to help guests get their best sleep. The Rest + Well Blueprint also recommends workshops and activities that promote relaxation, as well as spa services that can be purchased for an additional fee.
- Lotus Labyrinth has a surface area of over 1,589 square feet offering a serene location for meditation surrounded by the forest. It is the location for seasonal workshops that promote mindfulness.
- Forest Bathing is the idea of spending time in the woods in an effort to decrease stress and improve health. The Lodge at Woodloch promotes this idea by offering a weekly Forest Bathing exploration class, weather permitting.
- The Mind Matters – Brain Health Program intends to use exercise and creativity to support brain function. There is a wide variety of options in the weekly activity schedule that promote the program.
As a luxury resort and spa, The Lodge at Woodloch offers a variety of amenities, although many are an additional fee. However, a wide variety of activities are offered in the weekly schedule to keep guests both relaxed and entertained without an extra cost. Examples include yoga, meditation, fitness classes, movie nights, and trivia nights among many others.
For an additional fee, guests can utilize the spa offerings that include hair services, nail services, massages, and more.
The Lodge at Woodloch is located outside of Hawley, Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains. The resort sits on over 400 acres of woodland, and is adjacent to a private 15-acre lake.
The Lodge is secluded and has no nearby public transportation, so guests should expect to drive directly or fly in and rent a car. The closest nearby airport to Woodloch is the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport one hour away. Alternatively, the resort is 2.5 hours from New York City or 3 hours from Philadelphia by car.
Pricing is dependent upon the time of year and the room choice, as well as whether guests intend to include spa services during their stay.
The “Intro to Spa Package” allows guests to select spa treatments a la carte. Rates per person, per night range from $349-$789 depending on room type and season.
The “Complete Spa Package” includes a spa allowance of $140 per person per night. Rates range from $464 to $904 per person per night, depending on the room type and season.
All packages at The Lodge at Woodloch are all-inclusive and include the following:
- Three gourmet meals per day
- Health and fitness amenities
- Cooking demonstrations
- Creative art classes
- Fitness classes
- A personal spa concierge
The Lodge at Woodloch focuses on luxurious accommodations to meet a wide variety of interests without pressuring guests into activities and structured routines. Guests at the resort have the option to focus on fitness or simply relax and reconnect with themselves.
Visitors looking for wellness options, and not overly concerned about weight loss, may wish to check out The Lodge. However, due to the calorie heavy meals and tasting options, weight loss-focused travelers will want to consider other FitStays.
The Lodge at Woodloch Pros
- Peaceful setting in the Poconos – The Lodge at Woodloch caters to those with a love of the outdoors, but offers luxurious accommodations for those who’d rather appreciate the outdoors from inside.
- Secluded location – The Lodge at Woodloch is about 2.5 hours from New York City and 3 hours from Philadelphia. Guests who are truly looking to get away can benefit from its remote mountain setting.
The Lodge at Woodloch Cons
- Transportation not included – The Lodge at Woodloch is somewhat isolated, and guests need to travel by car to arrive there.
- Price – The price is expensive when compared to some other wellness spas, however, is average when compared to other luxury resorts.
- Doesn’t promote weight-loss – Guests looking for a weight-loss vacation may not benefit from a luxury resort that offers gourmet meals, and chocolate and wine tastings.