About Westglow Resort & Spa
Westglow Resort and Spa is a luxury wellness spa located in the mountains of Northwest North Carolina. With an all-inclusive stay, guests visiting Westglow can choose to participate in fitness and wellness programs, enjoy three gourmet meals per day, and take in the picturesque North Carolina mountains, all while relaxing at the resort’s full-service spa.
Guests attending one of Westglow’s many retreats can also choose to participate in add-on packages focused on weight loss, mindfulness, or jump-starting their health, in hopes that when they return home, they have the tools they need to build a healthy lifestyle.
Westglow offers a variety of accommodation options, including rooms at The Mansion, Fleur de lis Lodge at Westglow Village, The Lodge at Westglow Village, and The Daingerfield House. All rooms available at Westglow include:
- Free high-speed Wi-Fi
- Luxury bath accommodations
- One 1-hour spa treatment per night of stay
- Access to all spa amenities
- Queen or king beds
- and more.
Guests are given the option to choose between single or double occupancy and may come as a group and stay in the lodges or houses available. Guests traveling alone typically stay in one of the many suite options available at The Mansion.
Each all-inclusive stay includes access to all fitness classes. Guests can choose any combination (or none) of the fitness courses available. These include:
Also available at Westglow are additional wellness classes that come at an extra cost. These classes include:
- Guided hiking
- Nutrition assessment and diet courses
- Grocery Store Tours
- Stress Management
- Life Balance
- Midlife Journey
- Metabolic Rate Assessment
- Life Coaching
- Wellness Assessment
- and more
All-inclusive resort guests receive three gourmet meals per day served in the resort’s restaurant—Rowland’s. The restaurant serves an eclectic menu of seafood, game meats, and steak, along with an extensive wine list. Guests who are participating in the Weight Loss Retreat Add-on get three healthy gourmet meal options. A typical daily meal plan for a guest not participating in the weight loss retreat includes the following (lunch varies by day):
- Eggs Benedict
- Low-fat Yogurt
- Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Prawn Bisque
- Duck Breast
- House-made Ice Cream Trio
Guests participating in an all-inclusive stay at Westglow receive a one-hour massage nightly. However, additional spa services are available at an extra, but discounted, cost to all guests over the age of 16. These services include, but are not limited to:
- Brow Tint
- Eyelash Tint
- Makeup Lessons
- Stone Therapy
- Raindrop Therapy
- Foot scrub
- Skin Glow
- Mud Wrap
- Body Salt Treatments
Besides the traditional all-inclusive Westglow Resort stays, the program offers add-on packages for an additional cost. These include a weight loss package, a mind body spirit retreat, Life Glow retreat, a 3-day Jump Start program, a stress relief retreat, and a couples retreat program. These add-ons start at an additional $120 up to an additional $1,200.
Westglow is located in the mountains, just outside Blowing Rock, North Carolina, about two hours northwest of Charlotte. The resort offers a collaboration with Air Haven Limo that provides transportation from area airports for an additional cost. Guests may also rent a car, or drive their own if they are local.
Westglow offers a range of all-inclusive stays, as well as fewer night bed and breakfast accommodations as well as a la carte services. All-inclusive stays include the following:
- Three meals/day
- Access to health spa
- Fitness Center and fitness class access
- Morning nature hikes in the Blue Ridge Mountains
- Access to swimming pool, sauna, hot tub, weight room, tennis courts and cardiovascular center
The price for a weeklong stay at Westglow starts at $3,675 and increases depending on accommodation options and availability. This price does not include gratuities or taxes.
Additionally, for those looking to focus on weight loss, Westglow offers a weight loss package, available for an additional $1,200. This package includes the same amenities as an all-inclusive resort package, plus personal training sessions, a food journal, robes and towels, low-fat cookbook, cooking class, and more.
At Westglow Resort and Spa, guests are able to customize their experience on their own path to health and wellness. With the basics of their stay already planned—three daily meals, lodging, the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains—guests can then choose their own fitness courses, wellness courses, and spa services to participate in, to make the most of their time at the resort.
Westglow Resort & Spa Pros
- Location – One of the best parts of their stay for many visitors is Westglow’s location. Multiple guests have noted the mountains and national forest as one of their favorite views, and said that the backdrop helped them relax.
- Friendly Staff – Many previous visitors to Westglow have mentioned the friendly and warm staff and being one of their favorite parts of their stay.
- Weight Loss Add-on – Though weight loss programs aren’t necessary for everyone, many happy guests have complimented the weight loss add-on, saying they actually lost weight and were taught the tools they needed to continue their weight loss journey after their stay at Westglow ended.
Westglow Resort & Spa Cons
- Older amenities – Because Westglow is an older resort and spa, some guests have commented that the facilities, particularly the spa, could use some upgrading.
- Booking in Advance – Westglow is a smaller spa with a smaller staff, thus requiring guests to book spa services in advance to guarantee availability. Guests wanting to walk in and get spa treatments have commented that they wished the spa offered greater availability.