About The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm
The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm is a luxury wellness spa located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains in Walland, Tennessee. The spa offers guests full-service spa services along with a loosely structured fitness program. Guests visiting The Wellhouse can choose the structure of their stay, whether they decide to take part in a single spa treatment or a week of spa services and fitness courses.
The Wellhouse is open to men and women above the age of 16.
The Wellhouse offers a variety of room options to guests, and must be booked well in advance. Room options begin at $1,100 per night and cost as much as $8,000 per night.
Boarding options include:
- Singing Brooke Cottage Suite: king-sized beds, porch, private golf cart, connecting units for group stays, (starts at $1,700 per night).
- Holly Glade Cottage Suite: king-sized beds, sitting area, fireplace, shower and Jacuzzi tub, (starts at $1,400 per night).
- Hill Cottage: golf cart, screened in porch, jacuzzi tub and walk in shower, walk-in closet, (starts at $2,300 per night).
- Carriage House Suites: king bed, separate living room, private porch with mountain view, golf cart (starts at $2,400 per night).
- Farmstead Cottage: free-standing cottage with glass enclosed porch and additional screened-in side porch, back patio, separate living room, dressing suite, golf cart (starts at $2,895 per night).
- Farmhouse Three Bedroom Home: three bedrooms with their own bathrooms, separate living room, fireplace, (starts at $5,300 per night).
- Garden House (5 Bedroom): Main house with two one-bedroom cottages, en-suite bathrooms with heated floors, full kitchen, fireplace, 3 golf carts, (starts at $8,800 per night).
- Boulevard (3 Bedroom): king-size beds, private bathroom, bunk room, full kitchen, screened in porch, golf cart, (starts at $5,300 per night).
- Elkmont (3 Bedroom): three bedrooms, one bunk room, king beds, individual sitting areas, private bathrooms, living room, dining area, full kitchen, screened in porch, golf cart, (starts at $5,300 per night).
Included in all room options:
- Fully-stocked pantry
- High Speed WiFi
- Golf cart to navigate the resort
Room availability and pricing at The Wellhouse may change depending on the season. Once guests complete their reservation, they can add additional amenities including wine, flowers, and box lunches for their arrival.
The fitness program at The Wellhouse is loosely structured, allowing both day and overnight visitors the opportunity to participate (or not) in a variety of physical activities. The Wellhouse has on-site personal trainers to help guests at anytime of day with individual consultations, at an additional cost.
Fitness activities available to guests include:
- Mountain Biking
- Water Aerobics
- Cardio Circuit
- and more
Most fitness classes can also be taken individually for an extra fee. Though most guests take advantage of the health and fitness classes, guests simply looking to relax and rejuvenate in the spa aren’t required to participate in any exercise.
The Wellhouse believes in clean, natural eating habits and encourages guests to take part in nutrition and gardening classes during their stay. The Wellhouse hopes to provide guests with simple strategies to eat healthy but not give up good tasting food and drink, so they are more likely to continue their progress upon returning home.
Nutrition classes include:
- What Color is Your Diet
- Eating Between the Rows
- Personal Nutrition Consultations (additional cost)
A stay at The Wellhouse includes 3 meals per day. Nutrition classes are not included in the all-inclusive pricing.
As a wellness spa, The Wellhouse offers guests full-service spa treatments at an additional cost. The resort also changes their menu in the Fall & Winter to accommodate the changing weather.
Spa treatments start at an additional $80 and go up to $800 for an entire day’s worth of pampering. These treatments include:
- Massage: Couples, Stone, Deep Tissue, Foot, Scalp
- Stone Massage
- Deep Tissue
Guests can choose to participate in any combination of spa treatments during their stay.
Additionally, The Wellhouse offers guests a variety of a la carte activities to participate in during their visit. These activities range in price and duration, starting at an additional $75 to almost $500. Some of the activities include:
- Bird Watching
- Whiskey Tasting
- Carriage Rides
- Horseback Riding
Guests can schedule activities before their stay at The Wellhouse or sign up to participate once on-site.
Tucked in the Smoky Mountains, The Wellhouse is located in Walland, Tennessee, 20 miles southeast of Knoxville. Most guests choose to fly into the Knoxville Airport (TYS), and take a rental car to the spa. Many local guests choose to drive.
Pricing at The Wellhouse is completely dependent on what guests choose to participate in. A week-long stay will cost guests a minimum of $7,000, which includes the price of a room for 7 days and 3 meals per day. If guests wish to participate in classes, activities, or visit the spa, they should expect to pay more.
The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm is a luxury wellness spa focused on improving guests’ mental and physical health. Through their loosely structured program, guests can take advantage of The Wellhouse’s spa services, fitness courses and extracurricular activities during their stay, in order to recharge and relax before returning home. Guests looking for an upscale, luxury vacation and less-concerned with weight loss may want to explore The Wellhouse’s many options.
The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm Pros
- Location – Because The Wellhouse is located in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, many guests have praised the resort’s scenery and aesthetic appeal, mentioning that the environment enabled them to be more relaxed throughout their stay.
- Food – Though The Wellhouse uses a raw food diet plan, many guests have commented on how well the food is made, tastes, and is presented.
- Amenities – Many previous guests at The Wellhouse have said the room amenities and décor exceeded their expectations.
The Wellhouse at Blackberry Farm Cons
- Expense – Unlike most FitStays, most of the classes and activities at The Wellhouse come at an extra cost. Compared to many other spas in Tennessee, The Wellhouse is more expensive.
- Service – Some guests have mentioned that for the price of their stay, The Wellhouse was understaffed and the service they received was less than ideal for the cost.