About Unite Fitness Retreat
Unite Fitness Retreat is an all-inclusive weight-loss camp in Salt Lake City, Utah, located within the Hyatt House Hotel. Guests will experience exercise, nutrition, stress-management, and mindfulness training as part of the complete weight-loss program.
The fitness program at Unite begins and ends on Sundays, and consists of both indoor and outdoor activities. Most indoor classes take place at The Gym at City Creek in Salt Lake City, a few blocks from the Hyatt House Hotel.
Unite Fitness Retreat is based out of the Hyatt House Hotel in downtown Salt Lake City. As a dedicated hotel, the Hyatt House offers all the amenities you would expect. Program guests can stay in a standard king-bed room, or upgrade to a king suite studio or apartment-style suite. The hotel also has a private dining room for Unite Fitness guests, used for most of the program meals.
Hotel amenities include:
- Free Wi-Fi
- Flatscreen TV
- In-room refrigerator and coffee pot
- Free parking
- Swimming pool and hot tub
- Coin-operated laundry (Unite also offers a paid weekly laundry pick-up service)
The Hyatt House Hotel is located two blocks away from The Gym at City Creek, the workout facility where most indoor exercise classes take place. Located in downtown Salt Lake City, Unite program guests will be able to walk to most everything they will need as part of the program; any time driving is required, Unite will provide transportation, so no rental car is needed.
Unite Fitness Retreat offers a wide variety of indoor and outdoor fitness activities. Trainers at Unite will customize the program based on your fitness and weight-loss needs.
Indoor fitness classes take place at The Gym at City Creek, a 55,000-square-foot fitness facility in Salt Lake City nearby the Unite program hotel. Indoor classes include:
- Cardio classes
- Boot camp classes
- Boxing and kickboxing
- Barre classes
- Yoga and pilates
- Pool classes
Outdoor exercises take place in and around the Salt Lake City area, including the nearby Wasatch Mountain Range. Outdoor exercises include:
- Nature walks and trail running
- Cross-country skiing
Note that some outdoor recreational activities require an additional fee beyond the standard program cost.
Unite Fitness Retreat offers three full nutritious meals, along with multiple healthy snacks throughout the day. Meals take place in a private dining area within the Hyatt House Hotel, and all nutrition is covered under the all-inclusive retreat cost.
Unite’s lead chefs prepare all meals and snacks at the retreat. They can accommodate multiple nutritional needs, including vegetarian meals, dairy- and gluten-free, and any food allergies.
In addition to standard meals, Unite Fitness Retreat also offers multiple extras as part of its nutrition plan, including:
- Weekly restaurant meals – Called “SMART Dining Out”, once a week Unite guests will dine out at a local restaurant for lunch or dinner to learn more about making nutritious choices.
- Cooking classes – Once a week, guests will have a hands-on cooking demonstration where they can practice preparing meals in a real kitchen environment.
- Grocery store tours – A weekly, educational grocery store tour will help guests learn what items to have on-hand, how to understand nutrition labels, and what aisles to avoid.
Unite Fitness Retreat bills itself as a mind and body rejuvenation experience; as part of this, guests receive multiple wellness extras as part of the all-inclusive package. Some of these extras include a complimentary 60-minute massage, stress-management and meditation classes, and life coaching services. Unite guests also have access to paid spa and salon services at Sanctuary Day Spa & Salon, located just a block from Unite home-base.
In addition, Unite Fitness Retreat offers a program called “Unite-At-Home” which offers at-home meal plans, fitness plans, and wellness education for guests following their stay. This program also includes email support and access to a private Facebook group for Unite alumni.
All of Unite Fitness Retreat’s main locations are within a few blocks of each other in downtown Salt Lake City. Hyatt House Hotel, where Unite guests stay, is just across the street from Vivint Smart Home Arena (home of the NBA Utah Jazz). The Gym at City Creek is two blocks east of the hotel, and hosts almost all of Unite’s indoor fitness classes. And one block west of the hotel is the Sanctuary Day Spa & Salon, where Unite’s spa services take place.
Guests of Unite Fitness Retreat will typically fly into the Salt Lake City International Airport, a 15-minute drive from the retreat. Unite offers complimentary shuttle services to-and-from the airport for all guests.
Unite Fitness Retreat’s main weight-loss program lasts in week-long increments, from Sunday to Sunday. This standard program is $3,320 per week, with discounts available for longer stays or local guests. Unite Fitness Retreat also offers discounts for veterans, teachers, seniors, and returning visitors.
Unite Fitness Retreat is a full-service weight-loss resort, and offers a great deal of variety for the price. Visitors looking for an urban environment for their fitness goals should look consider Unite in Salt Lake City and all that their program has to offer.
Unite Fitness Retreat Pros
- Lots of variety – Unite Fitness Retreat offers an extremely wide variety of fitness classes and outdoor recreation, so guests may customize their weight-loss experience toward their desired activities.
- Meals & nutrition education – Guests have complimented Unite’s meals, as well as their nutrition education in the kitchen, the grocery store, and out at real restaurants in Salt Lake City.
- Fitness facilities – The Gym at City Creek is a large, modern fitness facility that Unite guests use every day.
Unite Fitness Retreat Cons
- Public hotel and gym – Much of Unite’s program takes place at public facilities (hotel and gym). Although most of the actual program takes place privately, visitors looking for a completely isolated fitness retreat may wish to look elsewhere.
- More expensive – Unite Fitness Retreat has a lot to offer, but is more expensive than most other Utah weight-loss resorts.