WellFit Zion is Closed
Update 5/18/19: WellFit Zion has deleted their website and appears to be permanently closed. Check out the other weight loss resorts in Utah on FitStays.
About WellFit Zion
WellFit Zion opened in 2017 in St. George, Utah, and offers an all-inclusive fitness and weight-loss program. The WellFit Zion program has a standard preset fitness schedule, but more flexibility and personal time than some other FitStays in this category.
The 7-day program begins on Sundays, and features healthy meals, exercise classes, an “education series” of lectures, and daily hiking. Weekday hikes take place primarily at the nearby Snow Canyon State Park, while Saturday hikes go to Zion National Park located about one hour away.
WellFit Zion is an adult fitness resort, but children 14-17 are allowed to attend with an accompanying adult.
WellFit Zion guests stay at one of the 17 guest rooms on-site at the resort, and the program also has partnerships with nearby condos. Alternatively, guests may choose to stay locally in St. George to take advantage of reduced program rates.
On-site guest rooms offer two queen beds or one king-sized bed. Rooms were refurbished when the resort opened in late 2017, and are simple, comfortable, and modern. Guests will have a comfortable, stylish, and clean place to relax and sleep, and rooms include a fireplace, and a private patio, adding to the cozy vibe.
WellFit Zion offers separate rates for a shared or non-shared room. If you are traveling alone but wish to participate at the WellFit shared-room rate, reservation staff will pair you up with one other individual guest.
Room accommodations include:
- Two queen beds or one king-sized bed
- Private patio with chaise lounge chairs
- Flatscreen TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Full bathroom with shower and jetted tub
- In-room tea service
- Daily housekeeping
- Bureau, desk, and sitting area
- Mini-refrigerator, microwave, dishes, glasses, and flatware
The WellFit Zion resort shares their premises with Amira Resort & Spa. Resort accommodations include:
- Paid laundry on-site
- Full gym with cardio and weight machines
- Outdoor heated pool with hot tub
- Full spa and salon at The Lotus Retreat
- Complimentary parking on-site
- Some pet-friendly rooms available for an extra fee
WellFit is a high-exercise fitness resort, but with that said, the resort does leave more personal and rest time than some other exercise retreats in this category. Most days begin with with stretching or meditation and move on to hikes and fitness classes throughout the day. All exercise classes and hikes are included in WellFit’s all-inclusive fitness program.
Every weekday at WellFit Zion includes a multiple-hour hike in and around Snow Canyon State Park, with most hikes within 15 minutes or less of the resort. Hikes will vary in intensity, and hiking guides will help determine the appropriate difficulty for guest needs. Saturday hikes go to Zion National Park, where guests are sent with both breakfast and lunch and enjoy multiple hours of in-park hike time.
WellFit’s standard program includes 3-5 fitness classes per day, and trainers work with guests to modify classes and programs based on their fitness level. Daily class schedules may include some of the following options:
WellFit Zion is a fitness-focused weight-loss resort, although exercise classes are optional and the program offers more rest and personal time than some similar resorts in the category.
WellFit Zion provides healthy meals and snacks as part of the all-inclusive fee. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided in addition to a snack and cold-press juice break served in the afternoon.
Program calories range from 1,500 to 1,700 calories per day, and guests may supplement the standard meal plan with healthy snacks as needed. WellFit Zion chefs are able to accommodate allergies, vegetarian and vegan options, or other dietary needs.
Meals at WellFit Zion are served in a group dining room with other guests, or may be boxed for you to eat separately as needed.
WellFit Zion’s spa, The Lotus Retreat, offers massages and spa services for WellFit Zion guests. Additionally, personal coaching and training services are offered outside of standard program hours for an additional fee.
WellFit Zion is located on the west side of St. George, Utah, only three miles from Interstate 15. The resort shares a campus with Amira Resort & Spa, so WellFit guests may see Amira guests from time to time.
Travelers to WellFit Zion will typically fly into the St. George Airport or the Las Vegas Airport, located roughly 2 hours away via rental car or shuttle bus.
The program at WellFit Zion runs exclusively in one-week increments, and a 7-day stay is priced as follows:
- $2,195 per-person for a shared room
- $2,795 for a single-occupancy room
Extended stays receive a discounted per-week rate, and WellFit Zion frequently offers other special offers.
WellFit Zion is a new property that offers everything you would expect from a Utah fitness resort: fitness, nutrition, and great hiking. Guests highlight the hiking, the rooms, and the WellFit staff as what set this resort apart from other fitness-focused resorts in this category.
WellFit Zion Pros
- Hiking – WellFit Zion offers a variety of hiking trails nearby, and is named after the extensive weekend hikes at Zion National Park.
- Modern rooms – Renovated in 2017, guests rave about the comfort in WellFit Zion’s casita rooms.
- Friendly staff – Guests of WellFit Zion compliment the fitness staff, hiking guides, kitchen staff, and resort staff that power the experience.
WellFit Zion Cons
- Logistics of a new resort – WellFit Zion is relatively new to the scene, and therefore may be still working out some issues that more established resorts have solved.
- Shared resort – WellFit Zion shares its campus with Amira Resort & Spa, so this may not be the best choice for guests looking for a completely private weight-loss experience.