About Camp Vanguard
Located on the shores of Lake Pierce in Central Florida, Camp Vanguard is the only private weight loss camp for kids and teens. Located in Haines City, Florida, between Tampa and Orlando, its exclusive access to the 114-acre grounds of the FAA Leadership Training Center affords campers the opportunity to get fit by doing a variety of activities.
The camp, which is focused on weight loss through exercise, opens for its 11-day pre-camp session on June 13. Following the pre-camp session, Camp Vanguard offers 10 additional sessions, varying in length, with dates extending to August 15. Pricing depends on length of stay.
A typical day at Camp Vanguard includes five activity periods, three meals and two snack periods, and various evening activities. With an on-site lake, ropes course, paintball course, biking trails and air-conditioned sports facilities, the activity options are endless. On Sundays, there is an alternate schedule that includes a late wake-up time and fun group activity. Once a week, campers have the opportunity to attend an off-grounds trip.
Campers live in air-conditioned villa suites, with bathrooms shared between two suites. Outside of the living quarters, campers can enjoy the natural beauty of all 114-acres of the camp grounds as well as air-conditioned sports and activity facilities.
Camp Vanguard provides a wide variety of activities for campers to choose from. Activities include swimming, hiking, outdoor and indoor sports, weight lifting, dance and yoga. While the camp provides a long list of different activities, it focuses on making exercise fun.
Camp Vanguard creates meal plans based on age group and gender. While meal plans vary and can be designed around food preferences, allergies and intolerances, the typical meal plan will provide between 1,600-1,700 calories per day. Camp Vanguard incorporates kid-approved favorites like pancakes and burgers into its meal plan to show campers that these foods can be enjoyed as part of a healthy diet. Campers will also attend a cooking and nutrition class once a week to learn about nutrition and gain valuable cooking skills that will set them up for success later in life.
In addition to the host of fitness activities Camp Vanguard provides, it also offers:
- Day trips to theme parks
- Ropes Challenge course
- Computer access
- Theater and arts program
- Game room
- Cooking classes
- Evening events like theme and movie nights, dances and talent shows
Camp Vanguard is located at:
5000 Firetower Road
Haines City, FL 33844
Located on the grounds of the FAA Leadership Training Center, Camp Vanguard gives its campers the privacy that other camps in this category are unable to provide. The camp also has a 24/7 security and full medical staff.
Pricing is dependent upon the number of sessions campers attend.
Camp Vanguard provides kids the opportunity to lose weight, make friends and enjoy summer camp. Its private grounds and vast array of activity options makes it easy to have fun. This camp also has on-site security and medical staff, which ensures campers remain safe while having fun.
Camp Vanguard Pros
- Wide Array of Activities – From lake activities to the ropes course to the drama program, campers at Camp Vanguard have endless activities to choose from.
- Technology Access – Campers today are used to having access to computers. Camp Vanguard doesn’t take this familiarity away from them, but instead provides supervised computer access.
- Exciting Day Trips – Camp Vanguard offers a weekly trip to exciting locations like theme parks.
- Camp Privacy – Camp Vanguard is located on private grounds, which are used only for the camp during the summer.
Camp Vanguard Cons
- Long Days – Camp Vanguard’s daily schedule begins at 7:30 a.m. and can end as late as 10:30 p.m., depending on a camper’s age, which can be a long day for some campers.