About Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts
Shane Diet & Fitness is all-inclusive fitness program offered at Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa in the lower Catskill Mountains of New York. The resort is about a 90-minute drive northwest of New York City and about a 2-hour drive from Newark, New Jersey.
Shane Diet & Fitness operates during the summer only, from June through August. Guests have the option to stay for one week, from Sunday through Sunday, or up to eight weeks. The resort is open to adults 18 and older, and relies on its 250-acre location to help guests escape stress and focus on weight loss.
Guests of Shane Diet & Fitness are offered a customized daily schedule as well as a variety of day trips to choose from. The resort offers healthy meal options, classes and activities that teach habits that guests can continue once back at home.
Despite being a guest of Shane Diet & Fitness, the name of the resort at which the guests stay is Honor’s Haven Resort & Spa. All rooms offer private baths, phones, TVs and free wireless internet. The rooms have a lake or mountain view and are located near an indoor pool, sauna, steam room, yoga room and fitness center.
Guests generally have good things to say about the rooms, however the most common opinion is that some of the rooms are outdated. Check in begins at 2 p.m. on the first day of each weekly session, typically a Sunday, however the rooms may not be available until 4 p.m. Check-out is at 11 a.m. on the last day of each session, though guests may stay longer that day to use the facilities.
Upon arrival, guests meet with a fitness coach who assesses their personal needs and goals. Throughout their stay, guests have the option to participate in a wide variety of fitness classes and activities that include spinning, yoga, Zumba, weight training, water aerobics, swimming and hiking amongst others.
For guests who want extra instruction in private, Shane Diet & Fitness offers personal training sessions for an extra cost as indicated below:
- One 45-minute session: $75
- Two 45-minute sessions: $140
- Three 45-minute sessions: $200
Upon leaving the camp, guests are sent home with a personalized fitness plan to continue at home.
With the all-inclusive program, guests are offered breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as two snacks daily. Shane Diet & Fitness program participants eat in a private dining area of the Honor’s Haven Resort, with views of the mountains and golf course.
Shane Diet & Fitness teaches guests strategies to change the way they eat. They serve minimally processed foods on a menu specifically designed by registered dietitians to promote weight loss and be easily replicated at home.
The program offers a vegetarian option at each meal and can accommodate various food allergies or special dietary needs.
Besides accommodations, all meals and snacks, the Shane Diet & Fitness program offers a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities. Some extras include the following:
- Personal fitness evaluation
- Cooking classes
- Dance lessons
- Behavior change coaching
- Daily excursions that include hiking, jet-skiing and bowling among others
- All taxes and gratuities
Though the resort offers spa services, most guests instead focus on weight loss and exercise. Massages, facials and reflexology can be enjoyed for an extra fee.
The program uses Honor’s Haven’s 250 acres and inspiring scenery at the foot of the Catskill Mountains to help guests relax and refocus. Outdoor activities are highly emphasized.
The rates, including taxes and tips, range from $2,775 per week for a single-occupancy short stay to $2,575 per week for a single-occupancy stay of 9 weeks or more. Per-person discounts can be taken for double- or triple-occupancy rooms.
Shane Diet & Fitness offers several payment options that include Echeck, credit card (with a 3 percent convenience fee) or a pre-payment plan to help guests save for their stays in advance without paying interest.
Some insurance plans offer coverage for part of the cost of the stay. Also, U.S. taxpayers may be able to deduct the Shane Diet & Fitness Resorts program if they are considered “obese.” Guests should check with www.irs.gov for additional information.
Shane Diet & Fitness offers to match the rates of other comparable weight loss programs.
The environment at Shane Diet & Fitness Resort is well-suited for activities that inspire weight loss as well as relaxation. There are a wide variety of activities to choose from, and the resort makes it easy for guests of all backgrounds to find something they’ll enjoy.
Shane Diet & Fitness Pros
- Wide Variety of Activities – In comparison to other fitness camps, Shane Diet & Fitness is able to offer guests a wide variety of activities due to its location.
- Serene Setting – Set upon 250 acres in a valley surrounded by mountains, Shane Diet & Fitness offers a serene setting to not only motivate guests to get moving and lose weight, but also provide downtime for rest and relaxation.
- Payment Options – Convenient payment options make it easy for guests to plan for and pay for their experience. Its price-match guarantee also makes it an affordable option when compared to similar fitness camps.
Shane Diet & Fitness Cons
- Transportation Not Included – In order to reach its secluded location, guests need to account for travel time, which is about 90 minutes from New York City. The cost of transportation is not included. Guests can either drive, or take a bus or train to Ellenville where they can then take a taxi to the resort.
- Some Outdated Rooms – Some guests have complained about the rooms being outdated, but gradual renovations have been ongoing since 2007. Most guests are okay with the rooms considering they don’t spend much time in them anyway.